Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I was browsing the Art 328 Blackboard site and saw that we have a required document to insert on our web site: "webContent.doc"

I am unsure how most of you feel but I think it is somewhat obtrusive to our site and our critique. I agree that the document is the supporting article that drives the reason for this critique lesson but I disagree about making it required to put on our site.

To me it's a challenge to figure out a way to integrate it and give it purpose without letting it stick out like a sore thumb; as just some block of content tagged onto the site. In a way it relates to some real world experiences I've had developing sites and the client insisting on certain pieces being on their site.

This document is quite long and not very concise. It has an elitist tone in how it states how design on the web should be. I believe it does a good job with the analogies to windows and mirrors but that's where it should stop in my opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment